Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Entry 7 Chapter 6

We had a long weekend, so I didn't have to go to learn and serve for the second week. = ] I know that it's not a good sign that I'm kinda happy about this, but regardless...I am.
Chapter 6
1) The role of collaboration among the educational team is critical in meeting the needs of children with communication difficulties. What should be done to ensure that professionals have what they need to allow for this collaboration?
I believe that what should be done in school systems nation-wide to ensure that teachers, and other educational professionals, have what they need to help the success of their students, is to make it mandatory for school districts to supply trained professionals that can help other teachers and students when necessary. Also, I believe that government funding should be available to the school districts that may need financial assistance in order to supply these trained specialists.
Tips for Special Educators
NYS Special Ed.

3 comments:

  1. OK. But you are not seeing collaboration, right?
    Why is this?
    What are the challenges to collaboration?
    What are the benefits?
    Not sure how the links apply to speech and language impairments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. teachers may not want to collaborate with each other because they might not see the need to do so. Or they may just find that its not worth the effort, however I think that I as a future teacher will definately focus on helping my students succeed as much as possible.
    Challenges to collaboration is the diplomacy behind it. Teachers may not want to compromise their ideas to help their students.
    the benefits would be the outcome of helping the student ultimately succeed

    ReplyDelete
  3. Again good respoe to Shelley's comments - this is all part of your reflection so great job.

    ReplyDelete