Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Reflection about the Hike

I realize this blog is...a bit late, but hey, the day we went hiking was my birthday...of course I was going to forget = ]
I have to say that I absolutely LOVED this class. I enjoyed going outside and exploring. I am a very athletic, outdoorsy gal and being around nature makes me happy, espically when you are walking along side of the mighty niagara river!! who wouldn't love it?!
My favorite part about this activity is a toss up between the rock throw, and the muffins. The rock throw was a great way to relieve stress (I wish I had one right about now....) and yet, the muffins were delicious!! I thought it was amazing that shelley trusted everyone enough to allow them into her home as guests, you don't see professors in a university doing that too often. I have learned that shelley is a pretty unique teacher; which i love because that is what I inspire to be. I dont want to be the teacher that everyone dreads going to every day.(its already against me that I will be teaching math...everyone hates math) I want to make learning fun and original and if that means inviting my students over for some muffins and OJ, so be it!
But on an honest note, this was my favorite class of the semester, and not just because it was my birthday. I got to learn a lot about classmates that I otherwise wouldn't have had the opportunity to know. Kalani and I have been in the same EDU class every semester, and I had no idea how much we had in common. I got close to jenny as well, she is so sweet. I think it is very important to think not only about grades, but about knowledge and to not get those two confused with one another.

No comments:

Post a Comment